Womb for Two

(Please forgive the corny title – Luci suggested it!!)

Luci is pregnant and had her first ultrasound today to determine dates and health. I thought someone had slipped the radiographer $100 to play a practical joke on us – I was barely in the room, getting Thomas and Lachlan into place and shutting the door, when the lady says, “Is this your first scan for this pregnancy?” Luci answers, “Yes” and the lady replies with, “There’s two babies here!!”

My first thought was that she was joking, but a look at the computer screen revealed she wasn’t.

We were both shocked (and probably still are!!) but are gradually becoming accustomed to the idea. Of course, we have some little worries also, as apparently there can be greater chance of complication with twins, and we all know Luci’s history.

Twin A and Twin B (this is how the doctors refer to them) are due for delivery on 16 January 2009, but again, with Thomas being 5 weeks early and Lachlan being 4 weeks early, we’re guessing it’ll be much sooner than 2009.

9 Comments so far »

1. Iris and Ian said,

Wrote on July 15, 2008 @ 12:31 am

Fantastic. Get ready for no sleep for the next 20 years! I guess you know (?) my girls are twins. A friend once told me God only gave twins to special people, which we already know you are! Hugs from us both.
    Iris and Ian

2. Paul said,

Wrote on July 15, 2008 @ 12:17 pm

Thanks Iris & Ian – guess we might be calling on you for some twin advice….

3. Leigh said,

Wrote on July 15, 2008 @ 3:35 pm

Hi
    I just read your news – CONGRATULATIONS!! Well aren’t you clever!!! you are so going to have your hands full! I am so happy for you both. Tell Luci I said congratulations. Well done.

I will keep checking your website for updates.
    Take it easy and enjoy what peace you may have for a little while.

xxLeigh

4. Paul said,

Wrote on July 15, 2008 @ 6:58 pm

Thanks Leigh, I’m sure there’ll be many more updates posted here along the way.

5. Nicole said,

Wrote on July 18, 2008 @ 12:15 am

Congratulations to both of you…..I think you should name them Charles and Sturt 🙂

6. Paul said,

Wrote on July 18, 2008 @ 11:25 am

Thanks Nicole – we’ll keep your name suggestions in mind – we need to know the sex first though… and I’m not really sure we need to name them after the educational institution that brought Luci & I together. We’ll see, though….

7. Mum & Dad said,

Wrote on July 20, 2008 @ 1:17 pm

A big congratulations to you both. We were so excited, shocked and happy for you both when we heard the news (probably the same reaction you both had). Well the fun will start soon enough but in the meantime enjoy and look after yourselves (Luci, make sure you rest and take it easy).

8. Barbara said,

Wrote on July 20, 2008 @ 6:17 pm

Wow! Congratulations you two. Hope that Luci stays in good health and that there are no problems.
    WoW!

9. Paul said,

Wrote on July 20, 2008 @ 7:11 pm

Thanks Mum & Dad and Barbara.

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI